Monday, May 2, 2016

As human beings we spend the majority of our time searching for a companion. Almost everyone plans on one day getting married. However, the marriage rate in the United States is dropping. In the article, "Barely Half of U.S Adults Are Married -A Record Low" by, Wendy Wang says, In 1960, 72% of all adults ages 18 and older were married; today just 51% are. If current trends continue, the share of adults who are currently married will drop to below half within a few years. I Personally I don't plan on getting married but I am open for the idea. Actually half of my friends agree with me that they don't plan on getting married. Why are more and more people abandoning  the idea of marriage? Is the idea of spending the rest of your life with someone too much too handle? But also the divorce rate is rising as well. People just can't seem to stay together anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel that marriage is an important part of life. There's someone for everyone!

    ReplyDelete