Friday, February 19, 2016

I was in 10th grade when I had my first serious relationship. His name Was John and he was a year older than me and went to Southridge High. I guess you could say one day he 'slid into my DMs'. He messaged me on instagram telling me how cute I was and how we should fish together sometime. Me having a soft spot for blondes replied rapidly to set up a date to fish. After that the rest is history. We were close and hungout almost everyday for two months. One day we went on a bike ride from my house to Black Point Marina which is about five miles away from my house. Both of us were sweaty and breathing heavily when we finally got to the marina to watch the sunset. He looked over at me with those soft blue eyes that I loved to get lost in. "Danielle will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?". I've never smiled so hard in my life. I reached up and grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss. That was one of the best relationships I've ever had and I still think about him every so often. He lived on my street so we would hangout everyday and eventually it got too much for the two of us. I started to distance myself and he began to talk and flirt with another girl who also lived on our street. I found out about the other girl and was obviously furious. His friends told me not to break up with him and that it doesn't mean anything but I couldn't contain myself. On valentines day he showed up to my house with flowers, candy, and a card. I couldn't look him in the eye. I tried my best to hold it in but it built up inside me till I finally caved in. "I can't do this anymore. I'm not happy. You need to leave me alone". Then I slammed the car door and stormed off into my house. John was left there with tears in his eyes and a confused heart. I didn't mean to hurt him so much but my temper got the best of me. Honestly if I would've talked to him we could've worked something out but I was beyond mad. After that day he tried reaching out to me but I shut him out. Now neither of us look at each other. He works at Publix and sometimes it's awkward when I go into his checkout line. We exchange looks but no words from either of us. I still wish I could go back and handle things differently or say I'm sorry but it's too late. John will also forever be with me in my memories along with Mario.

No comments:

Post a Comment